Here's a glimpse at my final project in Scientific Illustration. It's an editorial illustration about a current scientific dilemma or occurrance, so I chose the swine flu. I worked off of an initial mixed media sketch in my sketchbook that I really liked and then worked further on it digitally in photoshop. I may tweak it a little more before I turn it in, but for the most part this is what it is going to look like. The image is 5"x5".
This is the one I actually turned in.
Here it is with the symbol returned and some tweaks with the textures and colors.
In this version I removed the giant biohazard symbol because I was worried it got too cluttered with the new texture. The texture is what the actual swine flu virus looks like under a microscope.
This is the original idea I went with.