Thursday, April 16, 2009

Honors Studio!...and a Digital Piece!

Just got the word today that I got accepted into the Communication Arts Honors Studio program next semester. Apparently each of us that were accepted get our own studio space and the class is pretty much self driven projects geared toward grooming us for work at the professional level. I am so stoked and honored to get accepted. Plus a lot of really cool people got into the class as well, so next semester is going to be awesome. Hopefully it will be a positive and a creatively challenging environment. Congrats to everyone else that got in as well. Cheers!



Oh yeah and here is the latest illustration I've completed in Digital Drawing. We had to illustrate a folktale and I chose the tale of John Henry. I tried to do this in an early American style in what I would imagine would make a decent book cover, but I don't think I quite pulled it off. I kept the hard edges on the figure so he would be the main focus, and kept everything else somewhat soft and painterly.

No comments: